Pages

Monday, February 20, 2006

Yet another bout of pampering myself

I finally got it… yeah after so many months of contemplation and thinking about it, I finally decided to leave caution to winds and go ahead pamper myself royally. I got myself a whole new make-up kit, went to Dillards with my roomie to shop for her birthday and ended up having a make-over. Considering the fact that I am 24 and have never ever used make-up, it was kind of defining moment for me. So I went with a full-splash, to lancome counter (ahh! The cheaper ones are not for her majestsy) and decided to finally take the plunge into the much womanly arena of beauty.

My fingers were folded to form a fist, to hide my nervousness I had my hands hidden in my lap. I was scared that the lady at the counter, giving me a “make-over”, would end up making me look like a “OOOOOOOoooooo EEEEEEEKKkkkksss”. I was scared that the make-up may not actually look good and I may end up looking worst than before. I really wanted to look gorgeous after make-up was applied (which girl doesn’t??) but I wasn’t sure if I would even look passable.

All said and done, I went ahead, a brave warrior facing the mirror… and woah! To my surprise the bright pink blush actually made me look good and the foundation actually made my skin look translucent and the eye make-up gave me a exotic look. Well, my self-esteem (which always suffers) had a huge boost when I had the whole Dillards’s make-up section “ohhh ahhing” over my long eyelashes (my grand mom’s gift to me). I admit I was embarrassed, but at the same time it was like a balm to my idea of “I don’t really look good at all” thoughts. Well, after spending whole lotta money, I had a lady walking by tell me-“Wow! U look good gal!!” and trust me for once I am not feeling bad at spending my money. Yipee…. I finally have a make-up set… and I feel all womanly now ;).

3 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

ha ha! found u!

and u know what! i too wud someday wanna go for an entire make-over and may be top it all with some Rapunzel wig if i can lay my hands on one!i have always envied women with those long,flowing locks!

and now that i found u, i shall be a regular! trust me! am a sucker for written words and ur blog's a pleasure to go thro'.

Anon said...

wow....thats a nice one....sweet!

Nidhi Rastogi said...

wow..this make-over thing must hav been quite xciting..u must have taken sm pics after that...do share them..n dear..make-up or no make-up..ur really gud in many ways..n this gud means...the outward appearance..so STOP!!! bothering ur self-esteem over n over again..