Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

friends...boon n' bane

Friends… the word by itself means so much… they form over years, bonded to us by those tiny threads of incidents and time shared …. One never knows when those “strangers” become your friends. There are times when these friends and their friendships define life for you.

But today I find myself questioning the strength of them… over time we loose a few along the way.. some just ending coz of loosing in touch and some ending due to other reasons.

I still sometimes look back at one, with a huge regret…. The decision to let go was mine, the relationship hurt too much. So with as much as dignity I could gather I let go…slowly, smoothly. That relationship was lovely while it lasted, but perhaps some friends are better let go…..even if they do take a part of u with them

Today, I think I am about to loose another one who matters….my heart feels heavy, I tell myself “I don’t care” but I think I do. As I think about what we have shared and been through I find myself overwhelmed. I wonder what changed.. subtly something has. May be I have!

I think I no longer take as much effort as I used to ……. “keeping in touch” seems to have lost its meaning on me. I used to keep in touch while I was in school, and now while I am working itz me again. To be fair… this person (X) is not bad either ..when I happen to slag X makes sure we are still going on. I have always considered X to be a boon, but lately I think a feeling of “being taken for granted” is overcoming my senses.

I am not sure if I am being true here.. but I need to sort things out in my mind and for this reason alone, I turn to my “blog” again. Sometimes written words lay the truth out more distinctly ………………………….

6 comments:

deeps said...

Every relation...has a limit of its own...if that limit is crossed then,no matter how hurting it would be its better to leave things behind and move on....but do think of the consequences....if its worth to move on then go for it....:)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i leave such decisions to Time instead of making that final blow or severing the bond forever!! coz it hurts too much otherwise.....

The last adam said...

I agree wih moi...y dont ya give it some time and thought...you never know...perceptions and feelings change with time and at times one good day together can make you all forgiving...in the end, it really might be worth it!
better sleep over it buddy... :)

Kanishk | कनिष्क said...

Well one thing is for sure that I am not this X and I can never be :)!
Sometimes I think that its the whole set of various interdependent situations which makes us to in "keep in touch" mode. But that does not mean that the friendship is over!
So cheer up now!

And thanks for your comment on my post and i am keeping it real now with my blogging!

Dreamer said...

@ deeps, Moi and last adam....
U were all right.. I needed time and I sorted things out. Sometimes some things are worth sleeping over and mulling on! I think severing bond is a ache which lasts for ever, so I would rather wait and watch and see how things go :)

Shashi said...

you are right ,but it is hard to decide what is the reason to stop friendship with X . Is it the particular situation ? or the wrong words chosen to win . I would say we can make some other friend in this whole world there is no shortage in this modern computer age . You write very good . I have read most of your views . Thanks for all you write .