Pages

Monday, March 05, 2007

A tryst with sking

Have you ever felt your bones aching and your muscles (if any) protesting? Today I feel every square inch of my body and oh boy it hurts.

My tryst with Skiing didn’t go down well either with my body or me. I have just one word to describe my skiing skill “Sucks”. For the life of me I could not Ski on my feet. The only skiing (you can also call it sliding) I did was on my poor lil’ butt. Considering the fact that God has not been very generous for this particular part, I was afraid I would wear it down further by sliding again and again on the ice.

Boy oh boy, I was a spectacle to see, the only one in the “beginners class” not to begin at all, Try as I may I could not Ski an inch. I felt like a bugs bunny (a rather unstable one) with my Skis, trying to wade my way through the white stuff called “snow”!

At the end of it all, I threw my beautiful “bright orange” color cap on ground, took the Ski off my iced boots and sat down at a corner gazing longing at those beginner's slope which I could not conquer.

Sigh! I saw a friend of mine (who was also doing this for the first time) Ski on the damned slope so smoothly. I could just sit and stare and think “ahh is there any ice sport which I can do well?” .

I may try this once more again though, I like to think that perhaps its not me- it was one of those unlucky days. But I sure hope second time around will be a charm (like it was with ice-skating for me). May be” try, try, try again” works, if it doesn’t…well I am switching over to snow tubing (hopefully that stops when it supposed to!) ……………..

4 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

reminds me of Happy Feet!!!! :)
all the best with future snow-y endeavors!!! ;)

The last adam said...

:D....ROTFL....couldnt control my laughter...all the best for ur snowtubing (mis?)adventures!

diyadear said...

ha ha taht was really funny.. no probs aparna.. try try n try aparna, till u succeed :)

Jas B said...

I tried it about 4 years ago, I sucked at it. Going thru you rblog entry has brought those memories back.
But i am going to learn again this coming thursday. Shall see what I can accomplish this time! :)

Thanks for visiting my blog, I think it was a while back.