Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thoughts..constant companion of mine!

I have this weird connection with my brain cells-I think too much. I am constantly thinking about something, even when I am quietest or the loudest I am having this constant conversation with my mind.

For this reason alone I find it difficult to comprehend how some of my friends (especially guys) claim to have those moments of “blankness” when the mind is like a blank canvas. Often when asked the question “So, what are you thinking?” people tend to say “Nothing”. But I think that is gross understatement of facts.

To me my brain is the most unaccountable machinery. The data it processes can range from trivial, crude, stumbling meanderings to the computationally impressive to the occasional creative and inspirational insights. It is a scientifically proven fact that a person’s brain is active all the time, waking and sleeping, producing and shifting between what scientists call “distinct brain wave forms”.

So with such an active brain such as ours it just cannot be possible to have a moment of nothingness.

Thoughts come unbridled always buzzing, humming, soaring, roaring, diving, and then buried in mud. If nothing else I find myself wondering why?

Sometimes I wish I could stop that “lil’ voice” , sometimes I wish I could have those moments of blankness within myself...I want to experience it.! May be that is what people call having peace?? ……. Hmmmmm, That’s something new to think about now!

10 comments:

The last adam said...

hey...thats not so bad after all..:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5346930.stm

LOL...jus joking..:D

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i know what u mean!!! whenever asked to meditate, I cant coz I cant stop thinking.....some section of the brain keeps buzzin' w/out fail......in fact i have felt dizziness at times coz my thoughts run around my cerebrum at such high speed!!! Funny, eh??

Siddharth Razdan said...

Even I used to ponder about this subject quite often. And even tried to attain that moment(s) of blank-ness. I failed. And then I let go the thought.

Regards
(Siddharth Razdan)

AlterinG Abhishek said...

wow..
when i read, I was nearly sure that all ho have commented would have said the same..
I gues... I am also among the few ( and not too many) with a similar advantage..
yes.. advantage it is.. that is primary fact to be borne in mind!!
key lies in affirming and utilizing it effectively!!

(nice blog..you name rung a bell as i had a classmate by your name..)
enjoy keep blogging!!
( visit the change blog whenever time)

Ekta said...

I soo agree with u...even I am always thinking...cant imgaine my mind being without a thot even for a moment!

The Myth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kanishk | कनिष्क said...

hello ms.brainy!!!
i m surprised that u feel those moments of awkward ilence in ur conversations with guys....i dont remember a single such moment. rather do u remember how i used (still do) make fun of u using all possible forms of communication simultaneously...phone in one hand and email/chat windows in ur laptop :D

The Myth said...

Hello Ji.....Happy Birthday hai.....enjoy maadi :)

Maverick said...

probably i have an answer for you... i can guarantee you a moment of nothingness by having your eyes wide open... ready for it appy???

Dh@v@! said...

Get a switch fixed in ur brain to switch it off :) :)

But u know wht u r not the only person with such problem, there are many more

Welcome aboard