Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2005

An evening with chopsticks

After romping blissfully near the lake with one of my dearest friends I came back home in the evening claiming utter boredom with life in general. And my darling roommate and I started jabbering on our favorite topic …..”The Hypocrite Indian Guy”. Well, since the jobless Indian dames like us find this topic a good one to shake in enthusiasm into overworked bones it just seemed like the right thing to talk about. But sometimes even with the topic as interesting as this u still need the right environment. So by sheer inspiration on my beloved roomies part we decided to walk our way to a Chinese restaurant. Of course, this restaurant of the least un-American Chinese restaurant I had come across for a long time (I love the “Indian Chinese… American-Chinese cuisine is just way too bland for my spicy Indian tongue) I readily fell in with her plans and walked away merrily talking all “Double-entrĂ©e” talk ….. Woah!! Make no mistake the topics between two of us are alwaz HOT!!!! No “me shy Desi” gal business between us lot. Anywaz off we went without any adventure and ordered some scrumptious dishes (for me of course Veg. fried rice and she order more exotic Madrian chicken). Well, we ate like hogs and we spoke a lil’. But the high point of the evening was definitely the “chop-sticks” which we happened to borrow. One set each for both of us. I have alwaz admired the many uses of the chopstick.. eating being just one of them. Today I learned to use these sticks as my hairpins… and of course the credit of this goes to who else but my roomie… who showed me how to pin my hair in with sheer chopsticks and nothing else.

And I am sitting here right now with chopsticks on my hair.. and feeling and looking so gorgeous that I just couldn’t resist writing a piece about this amazing new hairstyle of mine. I had to share this with the rest of the world.. and for all those girls who have never tried chopsticks on ur hair…lemme tell ya “ur definitely missing something”!!!!! Go for it now!!!!

No comments: