Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

Joys so far this year... this time......

So herez my first post for this year……

With holidaying and moving into a new apartment and of course loads of pending work I hardly found time to sit and write. Right now even as I am writing this I have been changing my address on all possible credit cards and of course, USPS. Shifting by itself wasn’t as stressful as I thought it would be, infact I got quite a kick by sitting in the front seat of a u-haul truck (which of course my skilled friend drove, I was just a passenger gaping out on the roads from a seat so high up!!). The good thing about the new apartment is having my own room!!! I never thought I missed having my personal space so much but now that I have my own room its just so much cooler. Yesterday, just for the heck of it, before going to my dream world in the night, I threw my intimates on the floor. The freedom of being able to do so was just exhilarating. In the morning instead of changing in the restroom, I choose to change in the room. I didn’t have to lower my volume while speaking on the phone in the night and I get to keep my room the way I like it. I can now have my bouts of cleanliness and sometimes live like a pig. I guess I am feeling this all the more ‘coz its over 2.5 years since I have had this kind of space for myself. Of course the fact that I like my apartment mate (my ex-roomie) a lot also makes staying like this cool ‘coz I know that she is still there for me when I really am low or down.

Another thing which I realized this year is that I actually have become attached to roomie (now apartment mate) of mine. I came back from NYC earlier than she came back from her holidaying and I actually happened to have missed her. It just seemed strange not to have her around. Sometimes you take people for granted and its only when they are not around that you realize what they mean to you. That is exactly what happened to me. I never realized when and how she made a transition from being a roomie to being a friend!! But I am glad that she did and irrespective of whether the feelings are mutual or not…. For me she has become a friend I look forward to having around.

And now coming back to talking about having my own room…….I think itz great also ‘coz it may be the last time I could ever get to have one. I am getting married in April (OMG!! Itz true….. I shall be soon joining the ranks of the old “committed till death do us apart” kinds and the funny thing is that I am actually looking forward to it). And of course once married I can’t possibly sleep in a room of my own (I have a feeling I wouldn’t like to either ;)….). So getting this kind of space is kind of great.

Speaking of marriage, my trip to NYC made me realize that I am a terrible “housewife” material. I hate having to do nothing and I am constantly on an itch to go out and wander around (which I did do while he was slogging away). I could also turn out to be a perfect nag if I sat around at home for long. So itz highly essential for my sanity (and his) that I get a good job soon….otherwise …god help us newly married couple (in futuristic mode). Hence I have decided to start looking out for jobs sometime soon (resume…application….GROAN).

I can go on and on about so many other things... but work becokns and I have to answer itz painful call....so herez me signing off ....hoping to be back again soon...with another post,....another day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Loads of Congratulations...
Let me list down one by one...
1) One bcos u moved into new apartment...
2) Next bcos u got a personal space of ur own...
3) Final one is that ur getting married... :)