Pages

Friday, August 18, 2006

So what attracts u?

“Attraction” is such an abstract word. It has different meanings for different people.

To me the word “attraction” was a highly overrated one word till I found myself “oh-ahhing” in my 10th grade over one singly handsome actor. From then on I found the word applied not only to cute guys but to many other aspects of the life. Today I explore the few attractions which make my life colorful!

Of course, “SALE” sign makes my heart rate increase and I always experience this irresistible urge to just “pop” into the stores “just for a second”. (It ends up reflecting on my credit card for sure)

Very recently I have found myself being attracted to bright colored books.book. I have always been a voracious reader and finding myself picking up books simply because they have “bright” covers is something I still haven’t been able to decipher. But this has certainly brought in a sense of adventure to my reading, I seem to be reading a whole new range of books, one day an autobiography followed by a chick flick the very next.

My 31” HDTV just mesmerizes me, I find myself staring into its screen for long hours (mabbe itz got something to me being currently a homemaker?)

Amongst various other things “Choclate ice-cream” makes me weak on my knees. I find myself grappling at it every week (damn! My promises to junk the junk always goes down the drain).

Oh! I also find the “back profile” of men very interesting (Jeez I sound so freaking sleazy) but well truth can’t be denied!

But the most attractive of them all for me is my hubby darl’ (predicable ain’t it?) I just can’t stop thinking how lucky I am!

And at this note I end this blog of mine with a rather simple question to anyone who is reading this - " So what does the word bring to you?"

6 comments:

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

has to be (at the risk of sounding cliched) my ma's smile...........it's the singular attractive thing that hasnt weathered over the yrs........:)

how's "home-making" coming along.......ve fun :)

Ekta said...

:-)
I sooo relate to the choc and ice-cream attractions...guess I agree with ur defi for attraction and ...for some reason in the recent past the bakeries have become very attractive..i simply cant resist any bakery i see and buying breads and various baked stuff!Strange!

Anand said...

I typically tend to get attracted like a bee to bookstores...love reading and hence am terribly attracted to bookstores!

Unknown said...

Hi aparna. I feel attracted to Wonderful Blogs in which DOT(Dewdrops Of Thoughts) is one. But one thing I'd like to recommend. Why don't you switch over to the Beta version of Blogger? I switched obver to the beta version and now, I'm attracted to it.

Dreamer said...

@ Moi....
Ma's smile.. Oh how I miss it ...... Homemaking is comin along fine... I am just being me!
@ ekta.....
LOL... all gals seem to share the common attraction to chocs :)
@anand....
I love books as well
@ Praveen..
Ur is the most unique one!

Jagan said...

meaningful cinema attracts me.. well written blog like urs attracts me.. niceo :)