Pages

Friday, August 11, 2006

World trade center - Movie




Would I like to a movie about 9/11?

I can frankly say that I find the idea of a movie based on the event pretty disturbing. Every time I pass by WTC I have a sense of sadness engulf me. I am always overwhelmed and I stop for a minute or two to thank god for everything she has given me.

To imagine that the place would affect me so much is nothing short of amazing. I am not an American, I wasn’t even there when this happened and it really didn’t affect me any way. But some places have an aura which surrounds them and WTC is one place which is hard to ignore.

Scores of humanity rumbled into dust, a war resulted and a hollow right at the heart of city. Oh yeah! The place has a way of saying “look what has happened here, look how we far we humans have leaped ahead!” And when I see the trailers of the movie "world trade center, 9/11" on the TV, I feel something squeeze my heart. One part of me wants to see the movie, see if it really manages to move me as much as the ground zero does. However, another part, a much stronger one refuses to shies away from experiencing the images of “what may have happened”.

Am I wrong on my refusal to watch the movie? I don’t know the answer to that, but I do know I am not ready for it…… as yet!

4 comments:

Dh@v@! said...

"Am I wrong on my refusal to watch the movie? I don’t know the answer to that, but I do know I am not ready for it…… as yet!"

Its not a matter of wrong or right. And i think you have an answer too... you are not ready...

9/11 was an incident no one can forget… But then it wasn’t stopped there. Terror came back with London and Mumbai blast and recently they missed their latest target (UK-US flight…)

God knows where is it gonna stop!!!!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i ve always found any kinda true portryal of any kinda destruction very disturbing.....be it world wars, the genocides all over the world, the sudan documentaries that have made way recently , mumbai blasts, kashmir issue................guess u r no different!

Anonymous said...

i donno if wtc-movie is a factual reproduction of the events on site, or an adventure tale spun around suspects etc. if its the former, i agree with u! u wud know if u've seen the movie 'kalapani' in tamil or hindi. the movie one feels is made with the intention of showing off the technical prowess, and factual knowledge and the ability to reproduce events flawlessly, of the makers. no offence intended. and it fails to touch the heart!! similar was 'passion of the christ'.

Dreamer said...

@ dhava,
Will terror ever stop?
@ moi,
I agree with u completely .. i myself have always found movies on reality a lil' difficult to watch, but I like documentaries. I always waych history channel and similar stuff
@ amrita
I have not seen any of the movies which u mentioned... so I wouldn't know. but i know the to capture the essence is something very difficult to do..