Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

couples, culebra island and more !

Now a days I find this incredible urge to see snaps of couples… as a result I seem to be seeing snaps of people I don’t even know. Hmmm…..wonder if itz gotto do with the fact that I myself am hitched ? Somehow seeing a happy couple snap makes me feel better!!! Perhaps getting married is equivalent to getting a lil’ weird………..

Anywaz seeing these snaps keeps reminding me of my honeymoon in Culebra island (Puerto Rico). It was definitely one of the best times I have ever had in my life so far. This 7 mile long island captured my heart with it amazing beaches. 20 miles east of Puerto Rico, it lies in middle of nowhere and has the most amazing snorkeling reefs.

Thankfully, the place which we choose to say gave us best possible privacy. It was like all your fantasies coming true… a glass cottage on top of a hill, a private swimming pool…. Oh yeah! It was loads of fun. The white beaches with itz transparent blue water and amazing fauna swimming alongside you just made the place all the more enchanted.

We did crazy things… went snorkeling, kayaking, sang aloud on the beaches, made sand structures (we choose to make Indian God- Ganesh)….simply chilled out. I even drove a jeep….fulfilling one of my closely held dreams.

I got to wear a real cool swimwear, a sarong and an incredibly huge hat. When I saw the hat lying on one of the racks in the island shop, I knew I had to have it. It seemed so “beachy” and so “out-there” like the island itself. Buying and wearing something so impractical seemed just one of those “impossible” things possible in the island. The islanders were friendly lot and food is supposed to be real great as well (Veggie’s like me have choices rather limited, but my hubby enjoyed his food).

Even while we were out in Culebra town, somehow it seemed to us like we were alone. We walked alongside in harmony, arms twined, enjoying nature and the fact that finally we were “officially” together. Each time I looked at my hubby my heart literally sang. Just realizing how much joy you can gather staying with this one person makes possibilities seem infinite. Any doubts I am in love and reveling in it??? SIGH………

Next post will be up when I am done mooning over my darl’ and stop smiling like a fool by myself!!

No comments: