Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

ever thought of dying?

Killing oneself is often said to be a coward’s way out to the problems facing him/her. But personally I think it requires a lot of courage. There have been times in my life when I would pray to lord to take me with her, when I just wanted to die and let others be happy. I am sure all of us must have gone through such phases while growing up. Each time I would imagine myself dying and leaving the lives of one I love in peace. May be a new beginning for them and an end for me.

However, never once have I actually tired killing my self. Even when my heart felt like it was being torn apart, even when I knew I had caused someone I loved to hurt….. I just couldn’t bring myself to do so. My heart would ache and I would pray hard to god with all my heart, but I never had courage to bring the knife near my wrists.

Perhaps it was due to the tiny spark of hope which never left my side. I always wanted to see if things would get better. I wanted to always make my loved one happy. I don’t know if I can ever be a success in truly doing so…..but I do know I will try till I die ...............naturally.

4 comments:

The Myth said...

kya hua kiddo...

Anonymous said...

wow, great post.

I have actually been thinking about doing a post on suicide for some time. Personally, I have attempted it twice...once in college and once after. Sometimes life just gets a little unbearable and taking one's life (or at least attempting it) is an attempt to get control that one feels that he/she has lost.

Amaresh said...

ahem ... was i any reason to this ?

Dreamer said...

Dear Blevin,
The fact that you made it through all that goes on to prove that you are a strong person and u never know what is around the corner (usually something good happens after something bad)

So is life worth it? I would say definately!!