Pages

Thursday, March 16, 2006

In my own words...my story

I was thinking if I ever write a autobiography it may look very similar to this (have to say found it rather unlike my usual style of writing and amazingly boring when I read through it once):

A lil' bit of History

Here’s my imagined scenario of what might have happened on the fateful day of 16th July 1981 when I came to this earth wailing and screaming: “It’s a girl”, the nurse at Martha’s hospital, Bangalore, told my dad. My mom, held me tight, afraid of dropping me. Dad comes in, peers into my face and beams at mom. Both of them are ecstatic at becoming parents and fall in love with me as soon as they see me.

A few years down the lane, I become a pain in the ass demanding to have a sibling as everyone I knew, even those stupid girls “Sheena and meena” down the lane had one. And each day I cried, refused to come home, made a huge ruckus till Archana, my Sis, my joy came into this world.

Naughty like hell, crazier than anyone I knew, Archana became the one to complete our small family. We fought like dogs, pulled each other’s hair…..tried to show off who was better, but thankfully much to the relief of our parents grew up into “Nice” loving girls (or so I like to think).

I choose to pursue engineering, ECE . Stayed in hostel, made life long friends, freaked out, had fun….

Then came into USA to do MS in mechanical engineering, met some more people… made some more great friends. Somewhere in between all this met Shiva, fell in love and am all set to make our own “happily ever after” story.

Current Affairs

I seem to be having a torrid affair with both my masters and Shiva together. Masters seems to never end and right now am adding finishing touches to my work, and doing a lot of technical writing (GROAN, I hate it). Will finally (hopefully) defend my thesis and finish my masters in June. Right now looking forward to marrying "THE MAN OF MY DREAMS" and getting a job which satisfies and challenges me.

Futuristic Mode
The future looks bright and rosy with Shiva by my side. Am looking forward to setting up our house, learning to drive his “geared” Honda accord, cooking some terrible meals, fighting and making up, in general living life to itz fullest. Have ambitious plans of finally making some serious money, getting a job and shopping till I drop dead . With specialization in MEMS, getting a job in the same may prove to be a lil’ tricky. But hope prevails and who knows what lies in the future. Will be joining Shiva in NYC in June and start living the life of “Married but HOT couple”. We (rather I) do have plans of adopting a cute dumb looking BIG dog in 2-3 yrs. Hmm… the rest is undecided and we will take it one at a time…after all isn’t life about being “spontaneous” ?

3 comments:

Siddharth Razdan said...

I wish you a very happy lifetime.

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

ha ha! u sound like a typical cancerian!! i'd know coz i'm one!!!! :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

got busy to keep us updated here???
i guess it must be real busy times now that u'd b leaving for india soon!