Pages

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Man, Woman....and Mardi Gras



Whats with men and boobs? I have always known that men have a major fascination for boobs and the extent of it just became rather evident to me when I went for Mardi Gras in New Orleans. There were men drooling over some rather sagging breasts and woman flashing for beads.Of course, I won’t deny it… it was fun to begin with, but I just got bored after a while. I had heard so much about the (in)famous Bourbon street and had been determined to visit it in itz full glory before I left Louisiana. But I have to say it fell rather short of my expectations. Being an Indian gal, I expected it to shock me, embarrass me. However, to my surprise I was neither, rather I found myself amused at the bumbling efforts of men in general to get a look at “those mounts” which they don’t have. I thought to myself “hmmm… Men get high pretty fast” and also wondered about the equation of men being so enthralled by breasts and woman no so much with the dicks. May be there is something wrong with me, but I personally never had an utmost desire to see strange men’s member. I admit seeing that would have probably offended my senses. And thankfully I got to see none of that in Mardi Gras.


All said and done, after a series of collecting beads (possible even without flashing), exhausted, bored and tired of the rather mundane scenes surrounding me, I finally ventured into a club. The music was good, some GNR, some BA, some Aerosmith….shook a leg and then “BOOM” one of the ladies (close to 40) decided to undress. And man she had some for her age, even I had my eyes popped out and was rather fascinated by the fact. I was like “WOW” check them out and thought to myself “Gosh! Hope I look like that when I am that old!!”.

It was then that the realization dawned onto me. Mardi Gras is not only for men who want to see boobs, it is more for women who take pride in themselves. Woman, who make things happen, woman who have the right to show whatever they want to. It is one fest where woman gets to shed her inhibitions and say to whole world “look at how gorgeous I am”. Yeah! Definitely it is more that just showing ur assets, more than just collecting beads and getting drunk. For a woman it is/could be a place to build and boost the confidence in having the capacity to bring the world and men (literally) at her feet!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that was some thing for a gal to write abt mardi gras...never knew that if a woman flashed her boobs that wud inc her level of confidence.

Anonymous said...

so,when ru trying to imporve ur level of confidance to bring the world to ur feet.

Dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dreamer said...

Dear anonymous,
The quest for that is still on....hopefully someday I will suceed!

Anonymous said...

love your blog, but couldnt disagree with you more on this post. flashing your breasts to make a man go weak in his knees suggests insecurity and an unfulfilled desire to be liked, and not confidence. But like in all posts your optimism shines through, you make a commercial, exploitative event sound like a success story of women's lib!