Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Artic Vs NYC.. shopping .... and more happenings!

So I did it……..inspite of having made an resolution very recently not to exert my budget … I went shopping yet again yesterday!! (With this shopping I have thrown my credit card to the darkest corner and am working on hypnotizing myself to believe that I don’t have a CC!!! )Of course.. to me the reason for it sounds very reasonable. It is my first new years with my dear darl’ and I want him out flat absolutely. I got myself a silhouette which makes me look lot taller than my 5 feet 8 inches and a great looking spaghetti top which shows my figure to an advantage ( I think I look sexy…since no one else will say it to me, I may as well admit it). I just hope “he” thinks so too… and when I think about how cold it is gonna be in NYC and me in the spaghetti … I kinda freeze on my tracks!! Brrrrr…. For a person from the land of bayou, NYC is bound to be like the Artic. So with an aim to prepare myself to the “harsh” conditions and to survive through the cold, I picked up a book based on artic recently and decided to follow exactly what they mention in the book to prevent cold. I am going to walk a lil’ bend (looking towards the ground, keeping my back much like the camels hump), so that I don’t let air into my lungs directly and take deep shallow breaths. Also, I am going to try my best not to shiver, as when u shiver- ur body looses resistance and you become more prone to cold (SHIT). Now I feel all geared up to face the mother nature with a smirk and say to her “look look I survived!!”. Amongst my various grand plans in NYC is the plan to learn ice skating. I admit I have tried my hand on it once earlier and all I did was to land on my BUTT all the time. This time I am all set to prove that I can land on my head and back as well :). So wish me all the best friends ‘coz I am gonna take the risk of bending my already twisted brain a lil’ more with all the falling down!!! God bless my boy friend/ fiancé (yeah yeah!! We are getting married soon, and its official …WOW) coz he is the one who has to bear with my “Ohhhs” and “Ahhhh” and “hmmmmm….” (all puns intended ;)….). Yeah!! I admit that I am counting my days till I see “him” and I have all plans of jumping on him (easier said than done, unfortunately, my Indian upbringing makes me a very shy Desi face to face) and in all probability I am gonna be in all thumbs when I see him- blushing as usual and taking my own sweet time in airport to actually look up and see his face (LORD!! CAN U BELIEVE THAT? I still can’t believe I do that each and every time!! ). People who know me will never believe I can be shy (what the heck! Neither can I) but well herez the news flash- “ I am, I am…incredibly so around u know who”. We have a couple of friends coming from else where for New years and normally I would be all excited about it but…. Right now I am hoping that I get along with all of them well (all r his friends and we just realized it yesterday that so many r gracing us with their presence)!! Well, I am sure itz gonna b a gr8 fun and more the merrier (or so goes the saying) …..right now I just can’t wait for 24th to come (‘coz thts when I get to meet HIM) and I am jumping up and down on my sofa with the excitement and before I break the sofa (and my roomie kills me for that) I better sign off at this ecstatic note and more updates as time permits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, congrats on finally meeting him!