Pages

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Saturday shopping and a lil' blah, blah......

Today I am in a mood to bitch about someone and before I am done with writing this piece I will do it too. But there are certain more important things about which I definitely need to write about like shopping. Yesterday I decided to go shopping and since I don’t have my own transportation, I usually end up asking one of my friends. But since I wasn’t really in a mood to do the asking for either a ride or company, I decided to catch the public transportation and go on a shopping spree. Once in the mall, I went to all the stores where I could without thinking “Oh! man what will the guy think”… the absolute girlie stores which most of my Indian friends would refuse to step into. I blew money, left, right and center. But I think of the things I bought as an investment! I certainly feel very good looking when I wear those “certain” things and the fact that they belong to “my eyes only” territory makes me feel even better. Hmmmm… but one thing which I bought and was skeptical about buying was a leather jacket. I saw it on the rack and fell in love with it and the fact that it was on sale made it too hard to resist. I went into the trail room with it and was trying out the jacket when two American ladies came by and told me “wow! That looks nice on you, you certainly have the figure to carry it off!” (imagine me having a FIGURE). Well, I was still in doubts when the lady who was in-charge for the trail room walked in and told me “I hope you are buying it, it looks great on you!” and an old lady who just got out of one of the trail rooms nodded her head in agreement. That decided it! I went ahead and used my credit card (I am sure I will whine when I pay the bills). Anywaz, since I was on a spending spree, I even went to Dillards with an idea of buying myself some make-up (I don’t have any), unfortunately the lady who suggests which one to buy had already left………so that bought my shopping spree to an end. In the bus, on the way back home, I decided that to give back the jacket if my roomies didn’t like it. So I came home and the first thing I did was to try on the jacket for my roomies benefit. Though her reaction wasn’t as enthusiastic as the American’s, I still decided to keep it as she said it did look nice. And so here I am sitting on my bed, still glowing with the afterglow of spending money, “retail therapy” absolutely rocks!

Coming to bitching, I am just ready to shout at one of my roomies, I know she and another roomie don’t really see eye to eye, but she sends me an email saying “Hi.. your expenditure is _____________bye ___”! She could have told me the same thing face to face or called me and told me this. The first thing in the morning when I get up, I get to hear “Hey fridge needs to be cleaned”. Well, I agree, but why should I do it alone. I don’t mind if all are there helping out. It is not like I am the only person using the fridge and moreover most of the stuff inside in the vessels in not even mine! I just get irritated when things like this are said, it would have been better if I was told “Hey, we ought to clean the fridge”. What I don’t understand is that just ‘coz I come home earlier than her doesn’t mean I work less, I just can’t be productive after giving in “7-8 hours” of constant work and I choose to come back home and unwind. I really don’t understand “I am too busy to help u, but you can do it alone anywaz” concept. I just don’t want to talk to her about it ‘coz I like her and would not want to pick up a fight before leaving. I hate being “ordered” and I believe in having an “collective responsibility” for the apartment and I refuse to tend it to alone!

1 comment:

Kanishk | कनिष्क said...

Congratulations for the leather jacket. So you bought it, at about the same time while we were making alternate plan to get a smart suede leather jacket for you. Now where's the pic..????

As for the second part of ur post..i d say one word: Catfight....meow meow :D