Pages

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Follow the white rabbit..................

Yesterday after a long tiring working day, I was all set to die of exhaustion but I decided to live a while longer when these words lit up my TV screen:

“Wake up, Neo”
“The Matrix has you”
“Follow the white rabbit”


Every time I see Matrix, I am spellbound at the sheer genius and innovativeness of the idea. This exhilarating movie completely manages to glue me to the couch every single time. Neo..Trinity….Morpheus…Mr.Smith, the interaction between each of these characters and their role is just awesome! Of course I have read many articles about it being inspired by “alice in wonderland/ wizard of Oz”, but who cares? The movie is in fact one of those rare ones that successfully manages to create an absolutely delightful blend of kinetics, atmosphere, intelligent concepts and jaw-dropping action and effects. It toys successfully with the boundaries between reality and fantasy to create an unmistakable symbolism even on deeper level. Irrespective of how many times I see the movie it never ever falls into the boring, expected patterns instead always manages to involve me. I can go on and on about the Matrix, itz underlying philosophy and its mind boggling effect on me, but well this is not really an review and more blah, blahing may make it sound like one…….. so lemme end this here with a confession that for me Matrix is and will be – “One of the best movies ever made”!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment aparna..
readint his entry reminds me of stephen hawkings ' a brief history of time' i never can get through the book. becuase as soon as i reach the theory of black holes or the big bang, i am just left marvelling at the universe, its vastness and our place in it. it never fails to blow my mind away..

Kanishk | कनिष्क said...

WEl...wel...wel..my fav movie watched it sooo many times..stopped counting after 35...no kidding..i m serious...The basic principle of MAtrix is: ITs all in your mind...free your mind from the restraints and then you are the Real You.

Anon said...

hey its my fav to esp the characters of oracle and morpheus......thesecond part is my fav part.....
hey btw chk the two new articles i did for rediff.com...links at my blog